Monday, August 13, 2007

4 of 101 ways to help save Mother Earth Wind Power

Wind Power is some thing I have been thinking about a lot. I live on Nantucket Sound ( Cape Cod ) and boy do we have a controversy going on here. Cape Wind http://www.capewind.org/article137.htm is planning on putting up a Wind Power farm. At first I thought the project was only being debated locally, but after seeing the Comedy Central show with John Stewart 8/12/07 spoof the rich people who are against the Wind Power farm I had to add Wind Power to the list and fast. I will probably write about Wind Power more during this crazy project of trying to think of 101 ways to help save Mother Earth. Really I won't tell right ware I am but, I can say a five minute walk and I will be able to see the Wind Power Farm. On one hand we have one of the last beautiful places on earth here. But if Man kind continues to use massive amounts of power we need to do something. Wind Power is clean and available right here. The towers will be far enough offshore so You can't really see them unless you know ware to look. As far as boating the towers will be so high most pleasure craft will be able to go under them. Being a fisherman I would welcome them in that respect. Fish love cover. So many Bass and Blue fish come through here. We start fishing in the end of March for smaller fish and by the time the fish are headed south in September they triple in size. I believe a Wind Power farm would help hold those fish for a extra week or so. Nothing really changes the fish's migration except pollution, and these towers won't be polluting anything. The fish will simply go around them and even take a rest from the current. Come on people Wind Power is ware it's at. If we don't adapt to our needs their will be no more long hours of writing blogs like this one. My vote as being one of the effected from the farm is go for Wind Power . Wind Power for the home sounds good too. If you have enough room go for Wind Power . Pissed about forking over your hard earned income to the big oil guys ? Go for Wind Power . Check out Cape Wind here http://www.capewind.org/article137.htm these people have the right ideas to help save the earth. We can't have it both ways. Wow this is going to take a while please keep coming back. Maybe you will find new thing you can use to help.

No comments: